We have been supporting carers for many years. Our experienced helpline staff can advise on carers’ assessments and discuss how to access local support as well as tell you about the type of grants available from IET Connect to alleviate day-to-day pressures.
Some of the things we might be able to fund for you and the person you care for include:
- home care and extra help at home
- respite care to give carers a break
- therapeutic activities and time out for young carers
- vehicle adaptations to make getting out and about easier home adaptations for safety and independence
- lifeline alarms and other equipment
- free telephone legal advice on managing someone else's affairs, including lasting power of attorney
- grant for counselling
If you feel you need a little help or you would just like to talk, please get in touch. We will talk through your circumstances with you and, together, we can work out how we can support you or signpost you to other more specialised support where appropriate.
If you are looking for funding, even if you think you have too much in savings to be eligible, please get in touch; we have a fund especially for carers and care needs and our advisers will explain the eligibility criteria.
If you are in the UK there are various rights and benefits which you should be aware of. Carers UK have a really helpful guide covering them all.
Click here to view their guide.
If you have further questions about caring Carers UK and the Carer's Trust have lots of resources on their websites and provide forums where you can share your experiences with others who are in a similar position. They can also help you find local support.
Tel: 0808 808 7777