How we can help
The type of support we offer includes:
- A free legal advice service to help with any legal queries
- A career support programme to help you get back into employment
- Information on benefits which you may be entitled to
- Financial support to help towards the cost of essential household items and repairs or to help with day-to-day living costs
- Counselling grants to help you come to terms with experiences, thoughts or feelings that have, or are, affecting your life and help you to move forward
- Disability, illness or care costs including breaks from looking after a member of the family, respite care and long term care, communication and assistive technology, and daily living equipment
We can also put you in touch with specialist independent organisations if you need more in depth advice and further support.
If you or an immediate family member needs some extra support, we are here for you, whatever the issue. Our team of experienced advisers will talk through your situation to identify how we may be able to help - all of our support is tailored to meet your needs. You do not need to have made a donation to IET Connect.
No matter what you contact us about, your information will be kept confidential and we will do all we can to assist you.
Who we can help
- Current members of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Former members of the IET and Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE)
- Partners and the immediate family of members of the IET
- Partners and immediate family of former and deceased members of the IET and IEE.
* Immediate family can be a partner, dependent child or other family member such as a parent for whom the member has caring responsibilities.
We are funded solely by donations; these include legacies, direct donations, fundraising events and donations made when renewing IET annual membership subscriptions. Without this generosity we would not be able to continue our work.